You are on our Australia website. Please select your region to see content specific for your location.
- 100% wool
- le-50 - antique white / chili pepper
- hand knotted
Chidiya ki duniyaWhen Sugna got to make her first design, she wanted to make the most of it. As she says, “I have made 3 different designs in one rug”. Her designs vary from colorful geometrical patterns to a playful depiction of her surroundings. While weaving the rug, a sparrow used to come to her courtyard and feed upon the grains she kept for her. “The sparrow used to accompany me every day. I think she also knew what I was thinking while making this rug”. The lower portion of the rug has recurring patterns of diamond shaped designs. She made a decorative shakkarpara in the center, and decorated the surrounding portion with the ribbons she bought to decorate house for her daughter’s birthday. She calls the rug ‘Chidiya ki duniya’(world of a sparrow), as she believes the sparrow was her companion while she made her first original design.
- do not brush or scrub the rug.
- only vacuum clean it periodically. avoid using vacuum beater brush mode
- if spills occur, blot immediately. do not rub the stain.
- rotate occasionally to equalize wear.
- use protectors under the legs of heavy furniture to avoid flattening and piling.
- if thread comes out do not pull the yarn, trim with scissor.
- periodic professional cleaning recommended
- For in stock products - Free insured delivery worldwide. Duties and Taxes included.
- Delivery Estimates: 6-12 business days (In some cases custom clearance might take longer)