You are on our Australia website. Please select your region to see content specific for your location.
- 100% wool
- pae-4037 - brick red / white
- hand knotted
- Handmade in Rural India
- 24 months warranty
- indoor use only
Made around 1910-1915 in the most significant village in Northwest Persia, Malayer. The field is covered with dazzling red color and contrasting white floral corners to create an eye-catching appearance. The outer, main, and inner borders are traditionally weaved in an ancient floral pattern to enhance the overall appearance of this kilim runner. This kilim runner is made from the finest quality wool to make masterpieces that can last generations.
Malayer is a significant village in Northwest Persia between the most desired weaving districts of Hamadan and Sarouk. Some of the most decorative Persian village weavings were created at Malayer village. At the highest levels, each Malayer Oriental carpet is unique, with the weavers drawing from a broad pool of designs and investing a great deal of ingenuity in their production. This diversity of themes makes antique Malayer rugs eternally appealing. The "Boteh," or sprouting seed (a symbol of rebirth and expansion in nature), was a popular subject of antique rug weavers, who covered the field with miniature rugs and runners at times. Another popular style was stylized birds, which added a humorous touch. The tribal rug weavers used flower heads, vinery lattice Persian carpet patterns, and the well-known Herati design (diamonds bordered by flower heads and leaves).
- do not brush or scrub the rug.
- only vacuum clean it periodically. avoid using vacuum beater brush mode
- if spills occur, blot immediately. do not rub the stain.
- rotate occasionally to equalize wear.
- use protectors under the legs of heavy furniture to avoid flattening and piling.
- if thread comes out do not pull the yarn, trim with scissor.
- periodic professional cleaning recommended
- For in stock products - Free insured delivery worldwide. Duties and Taxes included.
- Delivery Estimates: 6-12 business days (In some cases custom clearance might take longer)