You are on our Australia website. Please select your region to see content specific for your location.
- 100% wool
- pae-4160 - russet / navy blue
- hand knotted
- Handmade in Rural India
- 24 months warranty
- indoor use only
This Kurdish rug, highly sought after by collectors, has a thick, heavy pile and rich colors that have remained vibrant for almost 50 years. Its unique design is sure to catch the eye of avid connoisseurs, featuring charmingly unusual details like a shortened inner border and a horizontal reserve filled with alternating rows of starburst rosettes. The rug's mature and unexpected color palette, including bold russet and glowing navy blue, adds to its overall dynamism and makes it a truly stunning piece of Persian art.
Kurdish tribes live thousands of square miles in the Middle East, mainly in eastern Anatolia (Turkey), northeastern Iraq, Syria, and Kurdistan in northwestern Iran. Back 3500 years ago, the first rug was weaved by Kurdish tribes, and still, you will find many carpets from the 18th century. Initially, Kurdish tribes weaved rugs and carpets for personal use, but when they noticed they could sell carpets at a much higher profit, they started selling them. Kurdish village rugs have geometric and primitive designs in either medallion or all-over styles. Nomadic designs, Star and stylized Hook motifs, and flower heads surround the major field patterns. The Kurdish village rugs are durable and have a wide range of eye-catching color schemes of reds, browns, black, dark blue, or, at times, ivory.
- do not brush or scrub the rug.
- only vacuum clean it periodically. avoid using vacuum beater brush mode
- if spills occur, blot immediately. do not rub the stain.
- rotate occasionally to equalize wear.
- use protectors under the legs of heavy furniture to avoid flattening and piling.
- if thread comes out do not pull the yarn, trim with scissor.
- periodic professional cleaning recommended
- For in stock products - Free insured delivery worldwide. Duties and Taxes included.
- Delivery Estimates: 6-12 business days (In some cases custom clearance might take longer)