You are on our European website. Please select your region to see content specific for your location.
- 50% wool 50% bamboo silk
- les-764 - chartreuse / pearl blue
- hand knotted
Mera Peepal‘Mera Peepal’ which refers to a peepal tree in her village. She beautifully compares the Peepal tree with her art. Just like the tree grows on its own and provides shade and protection similarly, her love for weaving grew on its own providing her livelihood. She can weave effortlessly and that’s where her inspiration of the rug comes from. Adjacent to the tree is a Shiv temple which she religiously visits every Monday to express her sorrows as well as her joys. The place feels like home to her. She has woven leaves of the tree into rug along with peacocks who dance around it. Just behind the temple, there is a datura tree– a night flowering tree that bleeds milk. She tried to weave that as well, “Even though it’s poisonous but it’s part of the environment and completes it,” she says. Shanti has a trademark pattern which she calls ‘dhari-dhari’, a line like pattern, that she uses in many of her Manchahas.
- do not brush or scrub the rug.
- only vacuum clean it periodically. avoid using vacuum beater brush mode
- if spills occur, blot immediately. do not rub the stain.
- rotate occasionally to equalize wear.
- use protectors under the legs of heavy furniture to avoid flattening and piling.
- if thread comes out do not pull the yarn, trim with scissor.
- periodic professional cleaning recommended
- For in stock products - Free insured delivery worldwide. Duties and Taxes excluded.
- Delivery Estimates: 6-12 business days (In some cases custom clearance might take longer)