You are on our India website. Please select your region to see content specific for your location.
- 8% wool 92% bamboo silk
- les-293 - ashwood / pine
- hand knotted
DiyaIn Nareth where Hansa is from, and like most other rural villages across India, the diya plays an integral part in celebration, faith, and pure convenience. During holidays like Holi, entire homes are lit up using just the tiny but tranquil flickering flames of multiple diyas. It’s with this significance that the rug ‘Diya’ was born in the hands of Hansa Devi. The moment she saw the bounty of colors in her Artisan Originals’ rug kit, she knew that she had to make diyas using every hue given. However, purposefully, she chose to leave out the flames because she believes that boxing in the design with just one item will restrict the creativity and perspective of anyone else who looks at the rug. She loves that some people think her rug design is inspired by a school of fish or ocean waves. This freedom of expression is exactly why she loves making her own rug and she even weaved her name into the top of the rug to signify her creativity.
- do not brush or scrub the rug.
- only vacuum clean it periodically. avoid using vacuum beater brush mode
- if spills occur, blot immediately. do not rub the stain.
- rotate occasionally to equalize wear.
- use protectors under the legs of heavy furniture to avoid flattening and piling.
- if thread comes out do not pull the yarn, trim with scissor.
- periodic professional cleaning recommended
- Free Shipping anywhere in India. For international deliveries shipping, charges added at the checkout
- Delivery Estimates: 3-10 business days for India & 6-12 business days for International (In some cases custom clearance might take longer)
- “15 Days Hassle Free Return” is valid for purchase within India only (Not applicable for custom rug).