wool and bamboo silk
SizeItem Code: RUG1118568
ships in 3 days
Free Insured Door Delivery Worldwide
Estimated delivery within 6 to 10 days
Our design experts are always at your service to find the perfect rug for your place.
- 50% Wool 50% Bamboo Silk
- LES-1074 - Dark Ivory / Brass
- hand knotted
Umeed“We seldom face struggles and go through times when nothing feels easy, but if we have hope, we have a reason to keep going on”, says Mamta. When the weaver was weaving this particular rug, her family was going through a difficult time. There were many financial constraints and her husband’s unemployment made it worse for the family to survive. They had no electricity and only the bare minimum could be taken care of. During such times, what kept Mamta going was her determined character and her hope that one day, everything would get better. She took the sole responsibility of earning for the family and made sure to weave her carpet without defects so that it gets her more income. The Artisan has woven designs of shakarparas in close-knit knots throughout the rug. Bright colors run in harmony with each other complementing the complexities of the designs and mood of the rug. The rug is a reflection of the Artisan’s creative mind and is also a symbol of hope, and that is why the weaver decided to call this carpet “Umeed”.
- DO NOT brush or scrub the rug.
- Only vacuum clean it periodically. Avoid using vacuum beater brush mode
- If spills occur, blot immediately. Do not rub the stain.
- Rotate occasionally to equalize wear.
- Use protectors under the legs of heavy furniture to avoid flattening and piling.
- If thread comes out do not pull the yarn, trim with scissor.
- Periodic professional cleaning recommended
- For in stock products - Free insured door worldwide. Local duties and taxes will be extra
- Delivery Estimates: 6-12 business days (In some cases custom clearance might take longer)