wool and bamboo silk
SizeItem Code: RUG1120128
ready to ship
Our design experts are always at your service to find the perfect rug for your place.
- 50% Wool 50% Bamboo Silk
- LES-1086 - Antique White / Liquorice
- hand knotted
Maa BetiThe rug ‘Maa Beti’, which means ‘mother-daughter’, is a materialization of a mother passing on her experience and knowledge, as wisdom, to her children. Upon a closer look, Gulabi’s detailed and expert handiwork is discernible against the simpler designs made by her daughters who are still getting acquainted with the nitty-gritties of weaving. While they all have their own imagination and unique ideas, their love for the Shakkarpara as a motif in the carpet is mutual. Everyday objects such as bindi, weighing balance and terracotta pots are also used as scattered motifs in the rug. Woven in warm tones, the rug is the coming together of two generations to celebrate and preserve this age-old craft form.
-Teena, Gulabi, and Anita
- DO NOT brush or scrub the rug.
- Only vacuum clean it periodically. Avoid using vacuum beater brush mode
- If spills occur, blot immediately. Do not rub the stain.
- Rotate occasionally to equalize wear.
- Use protectors under the legs of heavy furniture to avoid flattening and piling.
- If thread comes out do not pull the yarn, trim with scissor.
- Periodic professional cleaning recommended
- For in stock products - Free insured door worldwide. Local duties and taxes will be extra
- Delivery Estimates: 6-12 business days (In some cases custom clearance might take longer)