wool and bamboo silk
SizeItem Code: RUG1110911
ready to ship
Our design experts are always at your service to find the perfect rug for your place.
- 50% Wool 50% Bamboo Silk
- LES-760 - Slate Blue / Pink Crush
- hand knotted
JaddThe name of the rug, ‘Jadd’, which means ‘roots’ is derived from the most distinguished design on it- the tree and its roots. Anjana loves gardening, but she doesn’t have much space in the house. Since her husband does a lot of construction, he keeps doing something or the other to fill up the space and she doesn’t have space to keep plants as much as she’d like. So, she has woven a tree in the rug and more distinctly, its roots too. She constantly transplants young plants and even splits the root to multiply the plant, so she’s very connected to the root of the plant. She’s woven in a house in the rug and next to it is a tree with roots – playing on the fact that she can’t grow a tree in her house. She is pained when she moves a plant and doesn’t want to move its roots, so she’s woven in strong roots in her rug with that desire. “If the roots stay, it has the capacity to grow tall, and even create a new plant. It spreads love on its own,” says the thoughtful artist. Her name is also woven in Hindi while Divya’s is woven in English.
- DO NOT brush or scrub the rug.
- Only vacuum clean it periodically. Avoid using vacuum beater brush mode
- If spills occur, blot immediately. Do not rub the stain.
- Rotate occasionally to equalize wear.
- Use protectors under the legs of heavy furniture to avoid flattening and piling.
- If thread comes out do not pull the yarn, trim with scissor.
- Periodic professional cleaning recommended
- For in stock products - Free insured door worldwide. Local duties and taxes will be extra
- Delivery Estimates: 6-12 business days (In some cases custom clearance might take longer)