wool and bamboo silk
Medium 6-9 mm
SizeItem Code: RUG1113324
ready to ship
Our design experts are always at your service to find the perfect rug for your place.
- 50% Wool 50% Bamboo Silk
- LES-8027 - Ruby Red / Red Lacquer
- hand knotted
SoftyThe name ‘Softy’ was given to this rug because of the 2 subtly placed ice-cream cones woven in its top left. The cones, along with the lotus flowers floating on the thin line patterns were woven in by Deva trying his hand at making symbols that have curves after getting more than enough practice on the linear designs as on the rest of the rug. Sanjeev wove in small trees and flowers on the right and decided to really commit to a new symbol, a turtle. Suraj wove the bottom half of the carpet with the many designs he remembers from the mapped rugs he first learned from, and shares that he found it difficult to translate new designs on his mind into the carpet. So what he did was take existing designs, and made them better. While the name had popped up in an instant, the 3 young weavers slowly observed that their carpet really is an ice-cream cone. The bright red patterns at the bottom – the cone, the transition to ice-cream – the hazy gray in the middle and the little symbols at the top – the sprinkles. A rug for a true softy!
Suraj, Deva & Sanjeev
- DO NOT brush or scrub the rug.
- Only vacuum clean it periodically. Avoid using vacuum beater brush mode
- If spills occur, blot immediately. Do not rub the stain.
- Rotate occasionally to equalize wear.
- Use protectors under the legs of heavy furniture to avoid flattening and piling.
- If thread comes out do not pull the yarn, trim with scissor.
- Periodic professional cleaning recommended
- For in stock products - Free insured door worldwide. Local duties and taxes will be extra
- Delivery Estimates: 6-12 business days (In some cases custom clearance might take longer)