wool and bamboo silk
SizeItem Code: RUG1112089
ready to ship
Free Insured Door Delivery Worldwide
Estimated delivery within 6 to 10 days
Our design experts are always at your service to find the perfect rug for your place.
- 50% Rhs Wool And 50% Bamboo Silk
- LES-865 - Tiger Lily / Red Orange
- hand knotted
Diwaar‘Diwaar’ which means a wall is how Badami describes the name of her rug. There had been a wall in her home which was unpainted for years due to which it seemed unattractive. She has been wanting to paint it for a very long time. Therefore, she persisted and eventually convinced her husband to paint it. However, once it was done, she ironically started missing it. Earlier, she had the freedom to draw her imagination on the wall to alter its look which was not possible anymore as the painted wall needs to be kept clean. Hence, she wove the rug in memory of her original diwaar. Initially, what she perceived as unattractive turned out to be etched in her mind as a beautiful memory. The rug with many blocks in it, seems like the mirror image of her wall. On moving from bottom to top, you will notice v-shaped structures, followed by bricks, bars, squares as well as diagonals. The weaver tried to play around with a handy color palette using yellow, brown, grey adjacent to each other yet maintaining its overall appearance in her Manchaha.
- DO NOT brush or scrub the rug.
- Only vacuum clean it periodically. Avoid using vacuum beater brush mode
- If spills occur, blot immediately. Do not rub the stain.
- Rotate occasionally to equalize wear.
- Use protectors under the legs of heavy furniture to avoid flattening and piling.
- If thread comes out do not pull the yarn, trim with scissor.
- Periodic professional cleaning recommended
- For in stock products - Free insured delivery worldwide. Duties and Taxes included.
- Delivery Estimates: 6-12 business days (In some cases custom clearance might take longer)