wool and bamboo silk
SizeItem Code: RUG1120112
ready to ship
Our design experts are always at your service to find the perfect rug for your place.
- 50% Wool 50% Bamboo Silk
- LEV-737 - Garnet / Skyline Blue
- hand knotted
Baasan Ramdevi loves social gatherings as she is a very fun-loving person who loves making new friends and meeting different people. She wanted to weave a design that reflected the same emotion. Her inspiration for the rug was borrowed from a wedding ritual she had attended a year back. In shades of blue, reds, and pink, different women came together, adorned with jewelry and makeup to celebrate the marriage of two people. The sarees worn by all these different ladies were what caught Ramdevi’s eye! The designs on them were intricate, beautiful, and fancy, something that the artisan looked forward to weave on her rug. The carpet has designs of flowers, leaves, plants as well as patterns of jhaalar that fill the rug throughout. The colors sync in beautifully with the theme and mood of the carpet. The artisan felt lucky to have received red to design the carpet as the color was a symbol of marriage. Celebrating the bond of love, Ramdevi chooses to call this rug “Baasan” named after a Hindu ritual that takes place prior to the wedding day.
- DO NOT brush or scrub the rug.
- Only vacuum clean it periodically. Avoid using vacuum beater brush mode
- If spills occur, blot immediately. Do not rub the stain.
- Rotate occasionally to equalize wear.
- Use protectors under the legs of heavy furniture to avoid flattening and piling.
- If thread comes out do not pull the yarn, trim with scissor.
- Periodic professional cleaning recommended
- For in stock products - Free insured delivery worldwide. Duties and Taxes included.
- Delivery Estimates: 6-12 business days (In some cases custom clearance might take longer)