wool and bamboo silk
Medium 6-9 mm
SizeItem Code: RUG1101791
ready to ship
Our design experts are always at your service to find the perfect rug for your place.
- 50% Wool 50% Bamboo Silk
- LES-614 - White / Vermillion Orange
- hand knotted
Phuljadi‘Phuljadi’ is the Hindi word for sparkler sticks, a popular firework that is used in the celebration of Diwali. Mona suggested this name for the rug to mark the festival season this rug was woven in. Since Pushpa is still a weaver in learning, she was guided to make small intricate designs that she’s familiar with, changing them bit by bit for a transitional pattern and variations. In the big diamond patterns on the bottom left, Mona put in a water bottle, a mug of milk and her son’s school bag to represent how a mother takes care of her children and also lets them step out to explore. Pushpa tried playing it safe with the stripes but was then motivated by Mona to really get out the detailed designer in her.
-Mona and Pushpa
- DO NOT brush or scrub the rug.
- Only vacuum clean it periodically. Avoid using vacuum beater brush mode
- If spills occur, blot immediately. Do not rub the stain.
- Rotate occasionally to equalize wear.
- Use protectors under the legs of heavy furniture to avoid flattening and piling.
- If thread comes out do not pull the yarn, trim with scissor.
- Periodic professional cleaning recommended
- For in stock products - Free insured delivery worldwide. Duties and Taxes included.
- Delivery Estimates: 6-12 business days (In some cases custom clearance might take longer)