You are on our Australia website. Please select your region to see content specific for your location.
- 100% wool
- pae-4158 - russet / indigo blue
- hand knotted
- Handmade in Rural India
- 24 months warranty
- indoor use only
Indulge in the stunning beauty of a vintage Bakhtiari carpet from the 1930s. Skilled artisans created this piece with intricate medallion and floral borders using high-quality wool in rich indigo blue and Russet hues. Enjoy its durable and long-lasting elegance in any decor, adding a touch of timeless sophistication to your home. Experience the artistry and rarity of this exquisite piece for years to come.
Until the 1930’s Bakhtiari rugs were characteristically woven for use by the tribe or on commission within Persia. As they were rarely produced to be exported, they offer lanolin-rich, extremely durable wool and luminous colors, which were procured through a thorough knowledge of dyeing using natural dyestuffs. The oversized Bakhtiari carpets represent the endeavors of a group of highly skilled weavers and dyers and usually take up to six years to complete. Many Bakhtiari rugs employ virtuoso central medallion designs presented in a virtual riot of colors. Bakhtiari weavers were also renowned for their dramatic renditions of the “Garden Compartment” motif, usually organized in a series of square-shaped compartments and much more rarely in a latticework of graceful, bell-shaped compartments.
- do not brush or scrub the rug.
- only vacuum clean it periodically. avoid using vacuum beater brush mode
- if spills occur, blot immediately. do not rub the stain.
- rotate occasionally to equalize wear.
- use protectors under the legs of heavy furniture to avoid flattening and piling.
- if thread comes out do not pull the yarn, trim with scissor.
- periodic professional cleaning recommended
- For in stock products - Free insured delivery worldwide. Duties and Taxes included.
- Delivery Estimates: 6-12 business days (In some cases custom clearance might take longer)