You are on our Australia website. Please select your region to see content specific for your location.
- 100% wool
- pae-4342 - velvet red / lilac
- hand knotted
- Handmade in Rural India
- 24 months warranty
- indoor use only
Over time, the allure of Anatolian Rugs has remained intact, captivating people to this day. This exquisite hand-knotted Nain rug upholds the tradition of magnificence. Its origins can be traced back to 1910 and it showcases floral designs, arabesques, and intricate patterns centered around a medallion. The curvilinear designs allow for the use of intricate and decorative elements, while the central medallion creates a backdrop that resembles a garden set against a field of red and lilac. Anatolian rugs are characterized by their distinctive patterns featuring arabesques, birds, and animals. The use of ivory, blue, and dark red creates a striking color combination that produces a powerful visual impact, especially with the contrasting tones of dark red against ivory and blue.
The Anatolian rug is a colloquial word for rugs and carpets woven in Anatolia and neighboring countries. Geographically, its producing area is comparable to the Ottoman Empire's historically dominant territories. It refers to a knotted, pile-woven floor or wall covering made for domestic use, local sale, or export. Traces of Byzantine design can be found in Anatolian rugs; Turkic peoples migrating from Central Asia, as well as Armenian, Caucasian, and Kurdish tribes who lived in or migrated to Anatolia at various times in history, added traditional themes and ornamentation. The introduction of Islam and the development of Islamic art significantly impacted Anatolian rug design. Its embellishments and patterns represent the region's political history and social variety.
- do not brush or scrub the rug.
- only vacuum clean it periodically. avoid using vacuum beater brush mode
- if spills occur, blot immediately. do not rub the stain.
- rotate occasionally to equalize wear.
- use protectors under the legs of heavy furniture to avoid flattening and piling.
- if thread comes out do not pull the yarn, trim with scissor.
- periodic professional cleaning recommended
- For in stock products - Free insured delivery worldwide. Duties and Taxes included.
- Delivery Estimates: 6-12 business days (In some cases custom clearance might take longer)