You are on our Australia website. Please select your region to see content specific for your location.
- 100% wool
- pae-4497 - velvet red / marigold
- hand knotted
- Handmade in Rural India
- 24 months warranty
- indoor use only
This stunning handcrafted rug is inspired by the traditional designs of Tafresh, a village located in central Iran. Made of premium-quality wool, the rug features a flowery design with occasional animal motifs and geometric patterns. The background is typically red or white, with borders, medallions, and design components outlined in shades of blue, beige, green, brown, grey, and gold. With its extraordinary suppleness and cozy feel, this rug is sure to add warmth and comfort to any room.
The little village of Tafresh is located in central Iran, 260 kilometres south-west of Tehran. It creates stunning handcrafted rugs that are renowned for making a floor feel cosy. Tafresh rugs are similar to those from Hamadan, despite being of higher quality. Tafresh carpets are often constructed of quality wool and have a high, dense pile. Their extraordinary suppleness is another another feature of these rugs. This is most likely related to the high calibre wool utilised in the production. The designs are often flowery with a few animal motifs, but occasionally geometric patterns can be observed. Red or white are the most common colours used in Tafresh rug backgrounds. The borders, medallion, design components, and outlines also feature various hues of blue, beige, green, brown, grey, and gold.
- do not brush or scrub the rug.
- only vacuum clean it periodically. avoid using vacuum beater brush mode
- if spills occur, blot immediately. do not rub the stain.
- rotate occasionally to equalize wear.
- use protectors under the legs of heavy furniture to avoid flattening and piling.
- if thread comes out do not pull the yarn, trim with scissor.
- periodic professional cleaning recommended
- For in stock products - Free insured delivery worldwide. Duties and Taxes included.
- Delivery Estimates: 6-12 business days (In some cases custom clearance might take longer)