- 100% wool
- pae-4169 - red / white
- hand knotted
- Handmade in Rural India
- 24 months warranty
- indoor use only
This handwoven Seraband or Saraband rug is a beautiful example of traditional Iranian craftsmanship. The predominant color of this antique rug is a rich shade of red, which gives it a warm and inviting feel. The secondary tone of white adds contrast and helps to highlight the intricate details of the design. Measuring 10X13 feet, this rectangular rug is the perfect size for a living room or dining room. Despite having a lower pile than contemporary Mir rugs, Serabend rugs are almost identical and have a more distinct foreground. Nevertheless, because of their similar knotting, Mir and Saraband carpets are of equivalent quality. Handcrafted in 1980, this Seraband rug is a beautiful example of the enduring beauty and elegance of traditional Persian rug-making. It would make a stunning addition to any home and is sure to be cherished for many years to come.
An Iranian (Persian) handwoven floor rug known as the Seraband or Saraband comes from the Ser-e-band neighborhood (located southwest of Arak, Iran). The "mir" design, which is distinguished by small, diagonally arranged pear or leaf shapes, was popular in rugs from the 19th and early 20th centuries. Despite having a lower pile than contemporary Mir rugs, Serabend rugs are almost identical and have a more distinct foreground. Nevertheless, because of their similar knotting, Mir and Saraband carpets are of equivalent quality.
- do not brush or scrub the rug.
- only vacuum clean it periodically. avoid using vacuum beater brush mode
- if spills occur, blot immediately. do not rub the stain.
- rotate occasionally to equalize wear.
- use protectors under the legs of heavy furniture to avoid flattening and piling.
- if thread comes out do not pull the yarn, trim with scissor.
- periodic professional cleaning recommended
- For in stock products - Free insured delivery worldwide. Duties and Taxes excluded.
- Delivery Estimates: 6-12 business days (In some cases custom clearance might take longer)