- 100% wool
- pae-4195 - classic red / medieval blue
- hand knotted
- Handmade in Rural India
- 24 months warranty
- indoor use only
This is a genuine vintage carpet of exceptional quality, considered a work of art from the village of Tabriz in Iran, created in 1970. It displays the enduring craftsmanship of the region, featuring classic geometric floral patterns that adorn the outer, main, and inner borders with center medalllions and all over Herti. The unique feauture of the rug is the figures of people, animals and landscapes, serves as a striking piece of artwork. This woolen carpet is made to withstand wear and tear, ensuring its longevity.
Tabriz rugs are Persian carpets from the city of Tabriz, the capital city of East Azarbaijan in northwest Iran. Tabriz is also known as the city of weavers because, since the Safavid period (1501-1722 A.D.), the people of Tabriz have been weaving carpets. Since Tabriz city is close to the Turkish border, Tabriz has played a significant role in the trade and development of the decorative arts in Iran throughout history. Tabriz carpets can be found in a wide range of designs and colors. The trademark designs include central medallions, all-over Herati motifs, geometric patterns, floral designs, and figure carpets with images of people, animals, and landscapes.
- do not brush or scrub the rug.
- only vacuum clean it periodically. avoid using vacuum beater brush mode
- if spills occur, blot immediately. do not rub the stain.
- rotate occasionally to equalize wear.
- use protectors under the legs of heavy furniture to avoid flattening and piling.
- if thread comes out do not pull the yarn, trim with scissor.
- periodic professional cleaning recommended
- For in stock products - Free insured delivery worldwide. Duties and Taxes excluded.
- Delivery Estimates: 6-12 business days (In some cases custom clearance might take longer)